This conference of changemakers will be a celebration of our growing global community. The conference aims to enable women leaders to accelerate change by engaging in the following subthemes:
- Authentic Feminine Leadership in a Changing World
- Stepping into Your Leadership and Be the Change You Desire
- Re-Directing Change by Using Our Feminine Values and Energy
- Accelerating the Change Process and Re-Creating the Future
The conference will bring together about 250 changemakers from all continents, who aim to contribute to a meaningful transformation of the world, using their feminine values and energy.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Women who aim to contribute to a meaningful feminine transformation of the world.
Participants will have the opportunity to engage deeper on the topics by hearing from powerful keynote speakers from all areas of life, through action-oriented breakout sessions and by listening to wise storytellers. They will identify future projects using the world café conversations method aimed at creating a meaningful and transformational actions. There will also be time to network, to connect with women from all over the globe and time for fun. A Gala dinner will be held on 19 September, where phenomenal women who have contributed towards uplifting communities, will be recognised and acknowledged.
The attendees will comprise of academia, policy makers, corporate executives, business owners, influencers, entrepreneurs, NGO executives, young women and motivational speakers. Participants will walk away inspired to lead change, embrace diversity and take responsibility to encourage equal opportunities. They will benefit from circular learning which stimulates self-reflection and instils qualitative learning and compassion. This approach offers women the confidence of knowing that together we can make real change happen.
Mellany Msengezi, the Zimbabwe Female of Change Ambassador applauds the global organisers for believing in Africa and inviting women from all walks of life to this amazing and empowering conference. Msengezi pointed out that “The speaker line-up is a demonstration of the wisdom that we will all walk away with”.
Female Wave of Change (FWoC) is a movement where women meet online and offline to share knowledge, build bridges and create opportunities in this rapidly changing world. Since its official start on 20 January 2017, FWoC has been expanding internationally and is now represented in over 30 countries including Afghanistan, Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Macedonia, Mexico, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Singapore, Spain, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, The Caribbean (Trinidad and Tobago), Tunisia, Turkey, Zambia, Zimbabwe, UK, USA.
The speakers and/or panelists have been selected to reflect a diversity of women from all walks of life, from different countries and with a myriad of extensive life experiences. Some of the women you can expect to hear from are:
- Jane Anyango (Kenya) Global Ambassador FWoC, International Speaker, International Award Winner representing grass roots women all over the world, Founder Polycom Development Project, Global Peace Ambassador IWPG, Coach/Mentee Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- Bonnie Fatio (Switzerland) Global Ambassador FWoC, a change Catalyst, Visionary, World Speaker, Founder and Global Mentor of Inspired Women Lead, Author, AgeEsteem, Governing Board Member, Legacy Global Ambassador, World YWCA
- Erieka Bennet (Ghana), Head of Mission of the (AU) Diaspora African Forum; Africanist, Diplomat, Published Author, Media Leader and Consultant
- Yvonne Kgame (South Africa) Member of FWoC Circle of Wise Women, Teacher, Inspirational Speaker, Author, Mentor, Director YBK, Consulting, Board Member of United Way SA, Chair of Ithemba Educational Trust, Broadcaster, Publisher, Community Developer.
- Senamile Masango (South Africa), Nuclear Scientist who formed part of the first African team to lead an experiment at CERN, the European Organisation for Nuclear Research
- Gcina Mhlophe (South Africa), legendary Story Teller; well-known for her roles as a Freedom Fighter, Activist, Actress, Storyteller, Poet, Playwright, Director and Author.
The host of the 2019 Female Wave of Change Conference is Khomotšo Mashalane the FWoC Ambassador in South Africa and Tebello Mokhema who is the Ambassador FWoC, First Among Equals Africa Continent. Khomotšo is Head Human Resource and Strategic Relations at Health Squared Medical Scheme, Member of the Council: Edinburgh Business School SA (Heriot Watt University, UK) Former Board member: Central Gauteng Mental Health Society), Master of Science-Human Resource: Edinburgh Business School (Heriot Watt University), UK. Tebello Mokhema is Director Duke Corporate Education Coach, Founder and Principle MoziTe (Pty) Ltd, Executive Development Programme (GIBS), Former Board member Thabo Investment Corporation and Vice-Chairperson Board Renaissance Golf Club Investment.
Founded by Ingun Bol, FWoC provides unparalleled opportunities that inspire diverse women globally to unite in action for positive change. It is a movement for empowering dialogues that address different issues and challenges that women encounter in different countries. FWoC draws a broad spectrum of experienced, skilled, committed and dynamic women from all walks of life. The network gives women an opportunity to learn from each other and to know what other women are doing to change their lives for the better. FWoC movement provides a bigger space for women to engage and share their authentic stories through various platforms.
Ingun Bol is an entrepreneurial woman who is always looking for new challenges. She has an engineering degree and wide experience in Sales and Marketing in technical companies. After a career of almost 20 years in a corporate environment, she started her own business. For the past 15 years she has been an entrepreneur and advisor in different industries. As Founder of Female Wave of Change, Ingun Bol aims to connect and unite women, to share knowledge and experience and to create new opportunities. Ingun believes that “Women have to start using their feminine values and energy to change this world into a better place for everyone. Powerful women are the architects of change and will play an important role in leading change.”
Since its inception in 2017, Female Wave of Change has accomplished the following achievements:
- Established an internal Circle of Wise Women with a global mindset
- Connected Ambassadors who deliver inspiring talks on international stages such as TED Talks
- Developed and implemented a transformational leadership program: “Women Leading in Change”
- Delivered over 50 community empowerment events across the network through local teams
- Became proponents of leading change for the empowerment of women and young girls in various countries
- Forged partnerships with global and local women organizations such as Inspired Women Lead – Switzerland, Jump Movement – Netherlands, International Women Entrepreneurial Challenge (IWEC) – United State of America, Mireille Toulekima Global Leadership – Australia, Polycom Development and Amani Women Network – Kenya, Time for Change – South Africa.
- Growing the movement across the world by building a network of inspiring Ambassadors and Wavemakers
- Currently designing a program on ‘Reshaping The Future of Work’
|Date:||19 & 20 September 2019|
|Venue:||The Wanderers Club, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Time:||08H00 – 17H00|
For more details regarding the global event, please visit the Global Conference Page